So… you’ve found your way to the reading corner… Yes! *eyes shut, fist in front of face – and lowers slowly* this is what Book Bound Club is all about. You, me and a group of our friends, reading a book together and discussing what we uncover. If you’re here, you’ve experienced the otherworldly beauty that can sometimes become chaotic and emotional. You know what I mean. If you haven’t – prepare to have your world rocked! You’ll find, in this separate creative space – similar to the books we read – energy derived from adventure, mystery, fantasy and so much more.
Are you ready?
Book Club Overview
Book Bound Club is for those, like me, who are looking to read a book and discuss their opinion amongst others with a similar interest. The best part of the discussion aspect of a book club is viewing the book you just read, from a different perspective. Similar to finding a key that unlocks the secret code, revealing a hidden meaning within the story.
Sounds exciting, right?
How does Book Bound Club work?
“May the odds be ever in your favor” – Effie Trinket
- The Genre
- First – I had to – It just wouldn’t be a book club without a quote!
- Pick your genre(s). *The option to read outside of your comfort zone is there, seize it!
- If the genre you are looking for is not listed, please let me know – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect each month:
- The Book
- Recommendations will be accepted mid-month. *You will receive a notice and deadline.
- A vote selects the book(s) of the month. *If the book chosen is short (200 pages or less), the group can decide collectively to add another book. (optional)
- Pages are assigned each Monday. *This is contingent upon the length and number of books to be read.
- Discussion questions, from the assigned pages, are created and posted every Sunday.
- The Meet-Up
Since we all lead separate lives and schedules, the meet-up will be determined by the group. After a groups first official meeting, new members will need to either comply with the group, join another or email me. With enough members, we can start another group! Groups may choose to meet weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, through the virtual platform provided. Please remember that this is a book club, and the purpose of the meet up is to dive into the book and uncover elements together. I encourage you to set aside one hour (maybe two), out of one day each month to truly immerse yourself.