If you haven't read The Husband's Secret, grab a copy, and share your thoughts! I am interested to hear what you think. While you read, be sure to keep a book journal of notes to add to our discussions. Write down your thoughts or questions, highlight your favorite quotes - and then share with us! Lets dig deeper into the books we read together and get an idea of how a passage made you feel. What questions do you have that I didn't cover? What part(s) of the book is significant to you?
If you're reading The Husband's Secret within a group, you can print the discussion guide as a reference!
The Last Anniversary
What Alice Forgot
The Hypnotists Love Story
Big Little Lies
Truly Madly Guilty
Nicola Berry (Children Series)
In August 2013 Liane’s fifth novel The Husband’s Secret was released in the US and within two weeks had climbed the charts to become a #1 New York Times Bestseller. Much champagne was drunk.
The Husband’s Secret went on to sell over 3 million copies worldwide. It remained on the New York Times bestseller list for over a year and was a top 10 bestseller in the UK where it was a Richard and Judy Book Club selection. CBS Films has optioned the film rights. - About Liane Moriarty
If you would like to learn more about Liane Moriarty, and her book The Husband's Secret, visit her website here.
The Husband's Secret
by Liane Moriarty
ISBN: 0425267725 | ISBN-13: 9780425267721
Paperback: 416 Pages
Genre: Contemporary Adult Fiction
- What are your thoughts on the pace of the book? Do you feel it was fast, slow, or done well? Why?
- How did you feel about the epilogue? Was it fulfilling to have answers to the what if's?
- Lets discuss your thoughts on each character.
- Which storyline was your favorite?
- What were your thoughts when the murderer was revealed to Rachel? Do you think you would have responded the same way - since she was in shock? Would you have done anything afterwards once the shock wore off?
- When Tess took off with Liam, were you nodding your head thinking you would have reacted the same way (considering you have the out)? What would you have done the same or differently?
- After opening and reading the letter, what were your thoughts on Cecilia's reaction? How do you think you would have handled the situation? What would you have done once in the hospital with your child?
- Favorite quote(s) and why?
- What was your first impression of the book? As you read, did your impression change? What caused the change?
- What did you think of the ending overall?
- Would you recommend this book to a friend?