If you haven't read Into The Darkest Corner, grab a copy, and share your thoughts! I am interested to hear what your thoughts. While you read, be sure to keep a book journal of notes to add to our discussions. Write down your thoughts or questions, highlight your favorite quotes - and then share with us! Lets dig deeper into the books we read together and get an idea of how a passage made you feel. What questions do you have that I didn't cover? What part(s) of the book is significant to you?
If you're reading Into The Darkest Corner within a group, you can print the discussion guide as a reference!
In 2008 I wrote the first draft of Into the Darkest Corner. I enjoyed writing it, and at the beginning of December I thought my 56,000 weren't half bad. I left it alone for a few months and then started tinkering with it again, adding some scenes and moving other bits about. Two of my friends were badgered into reading it, and to my surprise they both liked it. - Elizabeth Haynes
If you would like to learn more about Elizabeth, visit her website here.
Into The Darkest Corner
by Elizabeth Haynes
ISBN: 0062197266 | ISBN-13: 9780062197269
Paperback: 410 Pages
- What did you think of the structure of the book? What are your thoughts on how the story line jumps back and forth between Catherine in 2003 and 2007?
- If put in Catherine's situation, what do you think you would do? Would you have done anything the same or differently? What if no one believed you?
- How did you process Catherine & Stuarts relationship? Did you think he was helpful? Did you feel there were any issues with co-dependency?
- What other themes did you notice throughout the book? What are your thoughts on betrayal and manipulation as the central theme?
- What are your thoughts on the reason why Lee wasn't more aggressive with Stuart?
- Favorite quote and why?
- What was your first impression of the book? As you read, has your position changed?
- What did you think of the ending? Did you picture a different ending altogether? Or find you predicted correctly?
- Would you recommend this book to a friend?